Welcome to Tavern Trove

39,861 items listed from 27,716 breweries

Brewery History Search

39,861  Items listed
39,861  Items listed

Search Descriptions

International Search Domestic Search

ABHC #12 Michael Brand Brewery, Chicago IL Flat Top Can Item #18242

American Brewers Historical Collection

Date:
1980
Ref #:
T34-11
Category:
Flat Top Cans, 10 to 12oz
Grade:
Grade 9.5
Maker:
Size:
12oz
Type:
Flat Top
Opened:
Bottom Opened
Alcohol Content:
No Alcohol Statement
Description

This beautiful can (from a set of 18) was designed in 1977 by American artist Lowrey. The buildings were accurately reproduced using period photographs and drawings as a reference. The front of the can shows the factory on the shores of Lake Michigan. Lovers talk quietly on a dock as a paddleboat crosses in front of the brewery. The bubbly sky is filled with stars of all colors.
Michael Brand
Micheal Brand, a German brewmaster, and Valentin Busch, became partners in 1853. When the partnership was dissolved in 1870, Brand continued to operate the Cedar Street Brewery under the name Michael Brand Brewing Company. It was gutted by the Chicago Fire of 1871, but was rebuilt within three months and was the first brewery on the North Side to resume operations after the great fire.

Price:
$5.99 

Add to Wish List

Product Description

This beautiful can (from a set of 18) was designed in 1977 by American artist Lowrey. The buildings were accurately reproduced using period photographs and drawings as a reference. The front of the can shows the factory on the shores of Lake Michigan. Lovers talk quietly on a dock as a paddleboat crosses in front of the brewery. The bubbly sky is filled with stars of all colors.
Michael Brand
Micheal Brand, a German brewmaster, and Valentin Busch, became partners in 1853. When the partnership was dissolved in 1870, Brand continued to operate the Cedar Street Brewery under the name Michael Brand Brewing Company. It was gutted by the Chicago Fire of 1871, but was rebuilt within three months and was the first brewery on the North Side to resume operations after the great fire.