1. Johnny Faunce, nationally known tennis pro, uses Continental grip: fingers are spread on the handle, butt strap in middle of the hand for free wrist action.
2. Racquet Is Parallel to Body as he
starts down-and-backward swing in the relaxed, fluid motion of a smooth serve. Left hand drops slightly, ready for toss.
3. Arm Continues backward and upward in a single smooth sweep.Racquet dropped in back of head just before the hit assures loose wrist and lots of snap.
4. Impact! It's a hard-hit ball, but body is relaxed. Good players throw ball high, every toss the same, as a help in the exact timing of a smooth, power serve.
5. Perfect Footwork is vital for balance so as to be set for return shot to any part of court. Balance and placement are even more important than power.
6. Follow. Through for accuracy and speed. Follow up the game with a glass of HAMM'S Beer, smooth and mellow: the beer preferred for mellow moments.
7. Set's Over. And set on the table is HAMM'S, the smooth and mellow beer.
8. "Here's How!" with the smooth and mellow beer that's preferred for mellow moments: HAMM'S Beer. Here is luxurious flavor, clarity and creamy crown. Now, try HAMM'S Beer, the finest ever brewed: choice of millions for 84 years.
Smooth and Mellow
Johnny Faunce, winner of many a tennis title and one of America's outstanding pros, is noted for his smooth serve.
THEO. HAMM BREWING CO., ST. PAUL, MINN.